ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
Deadline: September 15, 2017 (please note: The deadline is two weeks earlier in 2017.)
Posters for both the Quality and Hot Topics conferences will be accepted for continuous display during the conference. Poster must be on a subject relating to the field of neonatology.
The presenters for abstracts which are selected for posters will be required to register for the conference. The conference will not provide an honorarium or reimburse travel, hotel, and/or related expenses.
Any clinician is welcome to submit an abstract for consideration, but several categories of clinicians are, in addition, eligible for the awards below.
Hot Topics in Neonatology® and the Neonatal Quality at Hot Topics conference, in collaboration with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine, have created an award for the best abstract written by a fellow and submitted to the abstract review committee by September 15, 2017.
Hot Topics in Neonatology® and the Neonatal Quality at Hot Topics conference have created an award for the best abstract written by a nurse and submitted to the abstract review committee by September 15, 2017.
For both awards, submitted abstracts will be judged on their suitability as a poster or a podium presentation. Participants who are selected to give a podium presentation for either conference will receive complimentary Neonatal Quality at Hot Topics/Hot Topics in Neonatology® conference registration and hotel accommodations at the Marriott Marquis during the conference for up to four nights. Abstracts which are selected for a podium presentation must have the potential to be impactful on clinical care on a national and international level.
For those whose abstracts are selected as poster presentations, posters will be displayed during the conference. Poster presenters are responsible for their own travel expenses, hotel and conference registration.
Attendees interested in having their abstracts considered must follow the formatting guidelines below. Abstracts which do not meet those guidelines will not be considered. Hot Topics staff will NOT edit your abstract to make it conform to the guidelines. All abstracts accepted for Hot Topics posters and/or presentations will be published in the syllabus.
The abstract should provide a brief and concise idea of your main arguments and conclusions. Please follow the format below:
•Title [UPPERCASE, bolded] • Author [First Initial. Last Name] • Institution [Italicized] •Body of abstract should include the following headings:
In addition, please follow the formatting guidelines listed below:
1. Clear, descriptive, self-explanatory and the body should be no greater than 250 words.
2. Suitable for publication in abstracting services.
3. Abbreviations: Except for units of measurement, abbreviations are strongly discouraged. The first time an abbreviation appears, it should be preceded by the words for which it stands.
4. Must be written in English; use Times New Roman 12 point font throughout the abstract; use left justification, single space, and no columns.
Submitting Your Abstract
• Please include the corresponding author’s name, mailing address, telephone number and preferred email address.
• If you are submitting for one of the awards described above, please indicate in the subject line of your email whether
you are a fellow or a nurse, and to which conference (Quality or Hot Topics) you think you abstract is best suited.
(Example: Fellow Award, Hot Topics)
• Please note that the electronic submission of scanned abstracts (i.e. image data files) and faxed submissions are not
• Due to limited space for exhibiting posters, we will be limiting submissions to two posters per submitting author.
Based on feedback from attendees, both the Quality Conference and Hot Topics in Neonatology® will be hosting poster sessions, where poster presenters will be asked to stand by their posters to answer questions about their work, with the goal of increasing awareness and sparking collaboration.
Quality Conference – Sunday, December 10, 2017, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Hot Topics in Neonatology® - Monday, December 11, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.